Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 136 (Not So Empty) - The Difference Between Men and Boys

You know that saying, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."  Well, it's right, except men and boys are the same in that they just like toys!! :)

A super simple catapult :)
Tonight was Roundtable and I was sharing ideas for the Webelos Engineer Activity Badge.  While on my break at work, I found a super easy and cheap catapult to make!  Hooray!!  I love having something the leaders can make and take home!  So after work I ran to the store for a few supplies and then spent the rest of my afternoon putting together 15 "catapult kits" before it was time for me to leave at 6:30 p.m.

Let me just say, the catapults were a hit!  I brought some empty containers of various sizes and put point values on the outside of each one.  Then I gave each leader a catapult kit with stones (aka...M&Ms) included and challenged them to a catapult contest.  They had to construct their catapult and then see if they could shoot any of their "stones" into the point buckets.  All of the women were happy with making their catapults and trying a few shots, but the men had a hay day trying out their catapult skills!  And a particular gentleman (aka...boy) stayed until everyone else was gone because he was determined to get his stones in the buckets!!  Yup, men are just little boys are heart!  I think that's why us women love them so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment