My birthday was awesome! It started off with a Mom and Dad's Pay Day as we got to go listen to Cody report to the High Council about his mission. Cody has really grown spiritually during the past two years and listening to him just made me so happy inside...Yup, it was a Mom's (and Dad!) pay day. :)
And I got presents!! :) Cody gave me a book on searching out your family history (he heard me say I'd like to be able to find a family name to take to the temple!), Scott gave me a Sonicare toothbrush, and Jessica took me on a treasure hunt throughout the whole house in which I finally found her gift of some Mother/Daughter time before she leaves on her mission...and that is the challenge!...FINDING the time in her busy life!! I got lots of Facebook "Happy Birthdays!", phone texts and even a recorded Happy Birthday song from Jasanna! It was a simply wonderful, restful, day! :)But I did feel a bit blue around 8:30 p.m. or so because that was when Cody and Jessica loaded up little "Jackie" (their shared car) and headed off for Utah State. Sheesh! You'd think I'd get over it by now, but seeing them drive off with all their belongings stuffed in that little car just pulled hard at my heart strings!!
Looks like Scott and I are "Empty Nesters" again!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment