Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 150 (Empty Nestering Again) - Free Food :)

I have really lucked out this week!  I haven't cooked dinner once for the whole week!!  And we had a couple of pretty nice dinners too!

It just so happened this week was our "free food" week.  It made me think of my college kids...I always get a kick out of how adept they are at finding free food.  For them, it's so they don't starve!!  For me, it means I don't have to cook!!  Aw...I love it!!  

So Monday night Scott had his monthly union meeting...that means pizza at the meeting and he always brings some home for me!  (Of course, by the time he got home I had already fixed me some leftovers from nights before but now we have pizza to donate to our two poor USU students!!)  Tuesday night Scott and I opted to eat leftovers because our fridge was full to the max and if we wanted to fit anything else in it, we had better start taking some of it out!  Aw...day two.  :)  Wednesday night we were invited to a banquet celebrating another successful year of performances at Heritage Theater.  Mmm...chicken, salads, rolls, cake plus entertainment!  We enjoyed several repeat performances of some of the musical numbers performed in several of the plays done throughout the year.  And then tonight...the annual Scout Recognition Dinner...Cafe Rio style.  It was delicious and I ate way too much!!...even the chocolate cake! :(

So tomorrow night I'll be back in the kitchen.
Hmm...I wondered if I remember how to cook! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment