My schedule is filled with Presidency meetings, Ward Conferences, orientations, and pretty soon lots of planning meetings for Laurel Light Camp and Stake YW Camp. Scott was on his own tonight as I headed out the door for a President's Dinner just as he was coming in...some times those nights happen.
As a Stake YW Presidency, tonight we hosted our annual "President's Dinner". Each of the YW Presidents were invited and we had a yummy dinner, a short "business" meeting, and then networked together on ideas (although that was cut short because the hour was getting late). My assignment was to bring an "updated" roster of all the ward's YW organizations (just so you know...the roster is always in the update mode!!) and a salad.
I couldn't very well take a picture during the dinner and try to explain to all those president's they would become a posting on my blog...so I opted for a picture of me and my salad...after all, it is one of my favorites! I got the recipe from my sister-in-law, Jolene Maw, and why not share?! :)
Strawberry Romaine Salad
(Yield 10 Servings)
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1 bunch romaine, torn
1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced(optional...I don't do the onion!)
2 cups halved fresh strawberries
Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
(Brianna's Homestyle Poppy Seed dressing is an option too...just let them mix it in!)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1 Tablespoon milk
2 1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir the sugar until melted and caramel in color, about 10 minutes. Stir in almonds until coated.
Spread on foil to cool; break into small pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, onion and strawberries. Combine the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coated almonds.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment