I'm not too keen on coming home from work to poopy floors, so I put Sammy outside to enjoy the warm weather while I'm at work. You'd think he would just lie and bask in the beautiful sunshine but instead I think he paces our cement patio...we have blood streaks to prove it. He just can't lift his paws up high enough because he can't feel them so his claws drag on the cement until they're filed down to numbs. Then they start to bleed. Our poor, poor, Sammy.
So each day when we get home from work, Scott and I play doctor and we wrap Sammy's right paw so he doesn't decorate our floors with blood streaks too! I guess his right paw drags more than the left. And today was no different, except that I had to wrap both of his front paws!...I guess the left is trying to keep up with the right!Hmm...tomorrow I'm going to try things differently...I think I'll wrap his paws BEFORE I go to work! I'll be totally surprised if the bandages are still on by the time I come home!
What's a loving dog owner to do?! I'm open to suggestions!
+(800x600).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment