Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 243 (Empty Again) - Email to Tacoma

Today starts off another 16 more months of Sunday emails to a missionary far from home.  Third time's the charm, right?  First it was Jason in Honduras...he was our guinea pig missionary, poor guy; next was Cody in Alaska...not so much of a guinea pig missionary; and now Jessica in Washington...hopefully we've got this missionary mail stuff down!!
So email is a gift from heaven!!  We get instant news from our missionary even though she is hundreds of miles away!  I remember when my two older brothers were on missions - one in Mexico, one in Thailand.  Letters took two to three weeks to arrive, especially from Thailand, so we basically were always getting "old" news.  Every time I read an email from Jessica (and it was the same for Jason and Cody too) I thank Heavenly Father for modern technology!

BUT!  After having two missionaries return home, I understand now that they LOVE actual, tangible  LETTERS!!  So I've set a goal to write Jessica a handwritten letter at least once a month!  (Sorry Jason and Cody that it takes this old mom of yours so long to learn!  Hopefully it didn't mar you for life!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment