Our annual family Easter Egg Hunt had to come a little late this year. None of the kids came home on Easter Sunday, but I was happy to postpone our traditional egg hunt for a couple of weeks when they would all be coming for our monthly Family Home Evening. And I made it a point to tie the egg hunt in with our FHE Lesson. It worked out great.
I sent them all on an "Egg"citing journey to find their hidden Easter Eggs. Several years ago we started assigning specific colors of eggs to kids - that way everyone gets the opportunity to find the same amount of eggs and get the same amount of treats. Then a couple of years ago, we quit putting candy into the eggs and put words inside instead. If put together properly, the words would tell them a location to find their Easter basket. This year I threw in a little twist - the words formed a riddle and then they had to figure out the riddle in order to find their basket. I think they liked it. I also put a few candies in the eggs...mostly for Jonas...I didn't think he would be too thrilled with finding eggs with paper words in them.
It's always fun to watch the kids find the eggs, put together the clues and then finally find their hidden Easter basket "treasure".
After all the baskets were found, Scott and I then gave a lesson on our real journey...life! And our ultimate treasure to receive- eternal life! The kids are always good to listen even when I usually end up crying before the lesson is through.
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Jonas in hot pursuit of blue eggs! |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Even Cody's girlfriend, Aly, joined with us in our silly fun. |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Daddy's little helper :) |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Putting together pieces...it's not that hard, they all have numbers on the back! |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Team Work |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Single Clue Detective...Jeremy had to work. :( |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Hmm...riddle me this, riddle me that. |
+(800x571).jpg) |
| Can you solve this riddle? |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| We found it! |
+(800x533).jpg) |
| Number 1?! No it wasn't a race! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment