Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 251 (Empty Again) - Do Not Disturb!!

Ever since National Library Week, (well, actually before!) I have been trying to catch up!!  It was crazy how much of my work day all the planning and preparation for National Library Week took!!  My stack of invoices have just been getting higher and higher despite all my efforts to make a dent in them!  Yesterday as I left work to go home, I commented to my boss that I wish I had a full eight hours to do my work without any interruptions...i.e., mail to sort, phone calls to answer, patrons to help, questions to answer, problems to solve...get my drift? My desk is located out in the open in the back room...I'm an easy hit for everyone passing through or if help is needed.  When my fellow co-worker, Elizabeth, needs to be left alone, she just shuts her door and posts a sign.  Me...how do I shut my door?!

Well, when I arrived at work this morning, I found a pretty little package sitting in my top basket.  It said, "To Joyce, Our Own Star" (it was wrapped in star paper).  I could not imagine what it could be!  I had to laugh when I opened it.  There was my very own "Do Not Disturb" sign with Velcro and magnets so I could easily attach it to the metal post in front of my desk.  When my boss arrived she told me she had a little meeting with the librarians yesterday.  She permanently relieved me of a little "processing" work I hadn't found the time to do and then she told me I have my whole work day to not be disturbed.  Hooray!! 


I was able to get most of my invoices paid and I certainly feel a lot lighter!!  My co-workers were really good to not bother me...except my boss who I guess the sign doesn't apply to! ;)  It was really a big help though!  

With three or four more days like that, I think I might be able to see the light of day again!!

1 comment:

  1. That was nice of her. Ha ha! I love that it didn't apply to her though, so funny! I'm glad you're getting caught up. Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete