Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 248 (Empty Again) - A Sweet Soccer Alumni Game

I got to be a soccer mom again tonight!  (I'm hoping to be a soccer grandma someday too...hint, hint!!)

Back in February, Cody received an email inviting him to play in Box Elder High School's Alumni soccer game.  It is a tradition they started about five years ago.  Cody told us he was playing in the game about three days ago!  That's our son!!  Of course we wanted to watch him play, so I made a quick change of plans which involved finding substitute ushers for us at the Heritage Theatre, and we enjoyed a soccer game instead!  I'm so glad we did!  It was a fun game to watch.


Talk about bringing back memories!  They divided the teams into "old men" / "young men" (which didn't seem too fair) but none of them seemed to mind.  Cody's team was basically all the guys he played with back in high school!  They've all returned home from missions and were back together again!!  So fun!  And Cody scored the first goal!  Aww...such good times!  The "young" guys won the game...2-0.


We did have an extra spectator this time though who wasn't part of the group three years ago - Cody's girlfriend Aly.  She helped him warm-up, and Cody wasn't any too shy showing her off to his fellow team mates either!  Hmm...I sure hope Aly likes soccer!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. the score was 3 - 0 the young guys kicked the old guys buts!!

    ReplyDelete