I'm an avid lover of children's story books! When my children were very young, I joined the Parent's Book Club and it was the best book club ever!! Every six weeks I received two new story books AND a parent guide to different activities and lessons for each story! They totally filled my love of reading and teaching!! I was a member for years! I have quite the collection of books which I dearly love!! After being a member for over three-four years (I can't really remember how long), I must have had every book they published because they started sending me "other" book selections. They were definitely not as cute! After a few months, I cancelled my subscription...I think they were happy I did because they probably didn't know what to send me next!
So today was "Cookin' Up A Good Book" day at the Library. I volunteered to read stories at 11 a.m. and I knew exactly the three I wanted to share...all of my Baby Bear stories by Frank Asch! They are the cutest! And they all have food in them!! I still remember reading them to my kids years and years ago and then we would go pop up some popcorn, make a cake, or have cookies and milk! Such great memories!! I also have a love of puppets and several years ago I made a Baby Bear big mouth puppet. He came along today to help me tell the stories. The little kids loved him!!
One of my co-workers saw my books and said, "Oh my! Those books are sooo old!" They may be old but the stories are still wonderful!!
Storytelling is such fun!!
+(800x533).jpg)
I love all those books. They bring back good memories.
ReplyDelete