And I thought today would be just another "meeting" Sunday!!
Some times Scott and I's Sundays are not a day of rest, but a day of meetings. Today I had a scheduled Ward Conference to attend from 1-4 p.m. and then Laurel Light Camp and Stake YW Camp meetings from 5:30 p.m. on. Scott was just as occupied but he threw in home teaching at 11 a.m. (which I became his partner for the day), then church from 1:30-4:30 and Missionary Training Meeting at 6 pm. Definitely a day of meetings!
When we got home from church around 5 pm, Scott had a little twinkle in his eye and for some unknown reason which he wouldn't tell me, he said we needed to cook another potato. At first I figured he was really hungry and the one large potato I put in the crock-pot with our itty-bitty roast was not sufficient. But after a little prying, he said it was a surprise and he wasn't suppose to tell. Hmm...someone was dropping in for dinner. And then Stephanie called. That's right! She was in our area because her best friend blessed her little baby today and she was heading our way to visit! I had forgotten! Woohoo! What a nice surprise! :)
About 15 minutes later I hear the front door open, I round the corner to say hello to Stephanie and there's Cody and Aly! SURPRISE!! They were just out for an "adventure" and decided to come our way! So I had a total of four surprise visitors today!!...Stephanie, Jonas, Cody, and Aly. I quickly texted the Stake YW President and asked to be excused from the camp meetings. I really have no active role in those meetings anyway so I didn't feel too bad not showing up. I haven't been to a lot of the meetings anyway because they like to have them on Sunday nights and Sunday nights are our time for family. Hopefully they understand.
So here's some cute pictures of today....Jonas was eating olives, sticking them on his fingers and it was sooo cute so I pulled out my camera to get a picture. Well...the minute Jonas saw my camera he made sure I wouldn't get a picture of those olives on his fingers!! He would stick an olive on his finger and put it in his mouth at almost the same time! And he totally knew what he was doing...laughing about it the whole time!! That little stinker!!
Of course I had to get a picture of us all together! I let my camera expert, Stephanie, get the settings just right!!
And our sandbox finally got used!! Jonas loved it and all the little toys I had purchased to play in it...even Cody and Aly got in a little play time.
Oh man!! I love my kids! It made me so happy to have them bring me a surprise....THEM!!
+(800x533).jpg)
.jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment