It's crazy how a pretty dress and a "diamond" tiara can make you feel like a real princess!!
Today was the kick-off event for the Brigham City Library's National Library Week celebration which officially begins this coming Monday. We had a magician come in who specializes in magic shows for libraries. I thought it would be fun to bring in a little magic too, so I dressed up like a princess and greeted all the guests with a wave of my wand...I told them I was giving them a little magic in case they were called on to help with the show!! Then at the end of the show, I gave them each a small tube of their very own magic dust...or "woofum" powder as our magician called it...it was actually a pixie stick, but the kids loved it!! Hmm...I guess I was actually more like a "Fairy Godmother" waving all that magic around!! The whole dress-up gig gave me the opportunity to catch their attention and advertise all the fun events planned for next week!! (I've got to be sure people show up next week...especially for our library fair...or I just might not have a job the following week!)
Thank you Jessica for letting me wear your dress, necklace, shoes, AND tiara! (Although she didn't really have a say in the matter since she is still in the MTC in Provo doing much more important things!) It's sure great being the same size as my daughter!!
.jpg)
You are so creative! Kids love adults who do things like that. Another reason why you would have been a great first grade teacher, or something like that.
ReplyDelete