Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 230 (Really Empty!) - A Crinkling From Behind

As I walked to work today, I could hear this crinkling sound from behind.  Granted, I did have a cap and eye muffs on because it was cold this morning, but I could still hear the strange sound.  Was someone following me?  No, the streets are pretty empty at seven in the morning.  Perhaps there is a flag or some garbage flying in the slight breeze.  I couldn't see anything.  And still there was that crinkle, crinkle, crinkle sound with every step I took!  I lifted my eye muff off my left ear...yup, the sound was still there.  Crazy!

And then, almost a mile into my walk it dawned on me!  The crinkling sound was me!!  I always have a lot of stuff to take to work...lunch, change of shoes, waterbottle, etc...so I use a nice large backpack to stuff everything in.  (People probably think it weighs 20 pounds!  It just looks worse than it is!)  Well, this morning I also had five packages of Keebler cookies stuffed inside!  Their packaging made a nice crinkle sound with every step I took!  I couldn't help but laugh at myself!  Ooo...I hope I'm not getting paranoid!! ;) My walk home was much quieter since the cookies remained at the library!

I just had to include these pictures too!  Despite the gray clouds and drizzling rain today, these spring flowers in my front yard are like a ray of sunshine!!

And looky here...the tulips will soon be joining them!!

2 comments: