Today's Blessing: Getting Paid to Eat and An Amazing Safety Officer
Brigham City Corporation requires that each department holds a quarterly safety meeting and that all the staff members attend...it's mandatory. The information is always useful and good stuff to know (and remember, hopefully), but best of all...they feed us too!
Each department receives an amount of money for the safety meeting. I think most departments just call a restaurant and have the thing catered. But the library's "safety officer" (Michele Schumann - our children's librarian) always puts the meal together on her own and with the money she saves she ties in a theme and a treat for each of the library staff members.
Today the training was on anger management, so she tied it to a Hawaiian theme (a happy place), and decorated the tables with Hawaiian leis, umbrella straw drinks and we ate Hawaiian Haystacks for our lunch. She does an amazing job and I bet she doesn't even spend the whole allotment of money either. I feel kind-of guilty though because she does all that work and the whole staff does nothing except enjoy it. She's says it's not that much work...ya, she's probably lying.
She presented great information on controlling anger and dealing with angry customers. At the end she played a short video clip to the song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy." I had that song playing in my head for the rest of the day!
+(800x600).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
I think I'm going to have that song stuck in my head now.
ReplyDelete