Today's Blessings: A Prepare Dinner, Brunette again, E-bay, and Insightful Help
As I was pondering my blessings for the day, I came up with a whole bunch of randomness. Just a bunch of little things but they were all blessings for me.
Blessing 1...I worked a really long day today so it was after 5:00 pm when Scott and I finally got home. I was tired and hungry so we decided to go eat at the Soup Kitchen. Sometimes I feel guilty eating there because it should be for the homeless or low income, but we've come to discover they have plenty of food and they either have to throw it out or divvy up the leftovers to those helping. I know I sure appreciate having a prepared meal when I've worked a long day and I'm really tired. Tonight we got to enjoy sloppy joes, macaroni and green salad, and Cheetos. Take that back...I enjoyed the macaroni salad and Cheetos - Scott skipped on those. Scott and I have become friends with the Soup Kitchen Coordinator too. It's nice to visit with her when we go - she has a genuine love for people and what she does. (Sorry, no picture for this one! I figure I've taken plenty on that blessing!)
Blessing 2...Every morning I've been frowning at the ugly gray line showing in my hair. Tonight Scott helped me become total brunette again! :) Thank heaven for hair color! I always wonder though if all those chemicals seeping through my scalp are giving me brain damage! :(
Blessing 3...Several weeks ago I mentioned to Scott that I wished I could find some Eagle charms or something that I could give when I do an Arrow of Light presentation. Well, that wonderful man that he is, went right online to e-bay and found me some awesome eagles for cheap, cheap!! And free shipping to boot! I was so excited! Today I received 10 eagle heads - they are perfect! Last week I received 10 flying eagle charms. All together we paid under $3. They all came from China - airmail - are they even making any money??
Blessing 4...Scott and I have spent the last 20 days and nights re-reading the Book of Revelations, verse by verse, and reading the New Testament Commentary with it. The commentary has been so helpful! When we finished reading the New Testament in March we both felt mind boggled from the Book of Revelations. Tonight we finished the Book of Revelations again and felt like we had a whole better understanding! I especially loved Bruce R. McConkie's testimony at the end of the commentary of the Savior. I totally felt the spirit! What a powerful testimony!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I really enjoyed helping out with these fun things. I am not that big of a blessing though. i just like helping out and making people smile!
ReplyDelete