The library's main event today was "Local Leaders Storytelling". I was the committee member over this event so I had personally invited the Mayor to come read stories at the library along with the other city council members and the library board members. The Mayor happily accepted my invitation. Two city council members did also along with three library board members...hence the six "READ" posters I designed a couple of weeks ago.
![]() |
| Our Local Leaders READ Display |
![]() |
| Library Board Chair DeAnn Lester shared some fun reads! Don't you love the little boy's face in the red shirt! He smiled during the whole story! |
![]() |
| Mayor Tyler Vincent shared his favorite author...Dr. Seuss |
![]() |
| Library Board Member Wayne McConkie had the largest group...31 total people! He somehow held all their attention! Must be his school teacher skills! |
![]() |
| Library Board Member Mary Clark captivated the kids with Jungle Fun stories |
![]() |
| Councilman Mark Thompson really got into his stories! The kids loved him! |
![]() |
| Councilman DJ Bott got into his books too! He was so fun to listen to! |
All the leaders did a great job! I got to sit and listen to them all! While the Mayor was reading "The Cat in the Hat", one of the little boys piped up and said right in the middle of the story, "You're a great storyteller." I'm pretty sure that made the Mayor smile! :)
.jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(800x533).jpg)
+(533x800).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment