Monday, April 14, 2014

Counting Blessings: National Library Week! Off To a Great Start!

Today's Blessing:  A Fun Moose Story, Idle Isle Gift Certificate, and Fun

Brigham City Library's National Library Week Celebration officially started today.  We have contests, story sessions and events planned for the whole week.
Our Story Jar Contest...could you guess the fairy tale
just by seeing word strips from the story?
Today I got to do two story sessions - both pretty small attendance but it was still fun and the kids who came enjoyed the stories.  Susan Neidert, director of the Fine Arts Center, let me borrow her darling moose puppet for my first story session which I had themed "Just Ducky".  You may be wondering what in the world a moose has to do with duck stories, but I found the cutest book called "The Ugliest Duckie" which was a take-off of the Ugly Duckling but instead of a swan being the ugly duckling, it was a moose who thought he was a duck!  It's a way cute story with a very special message in the end that we're all beautiful...some of us just haven't discovered who we really are yet!
The ugliest duckie??
I worked 9-5:30 today.  Scott met me after work and we went out to eat at the Idle Isle Cafe for dinner.  The Box Elder Service Unit Girl Scouts gave Scott and I a $20 gift certificate as a thank you for doing the cookies this year.  That certificate worked out perfectly for us tonight because after we ate, we went back to the library for the literacy sponsored Family Game Night.  Ya, Scott and I almost forgot what our house looked like today!
Empty plates...it must have been good!!
The Family Game Night had an awesome turnout.  We hooked up with some new friends we made through the Girl Scout cookie sale who happened to be there too and had a great time playing Tenzi with their kids.
Games with the Reeves Family :)
When I got to work this morning, I hung treats on all the staff's cubbies that said "Happy National Library Week.  This week is going to be "Egg-cellent".  I figured the best way to start the week off was to give everyone a spark of positivity.  Think it will work?
Hoping for an "egg"cellent week!


1 comment: