Sunday, April 13, 2014

Counting Blessings: Downsizing Sunday Dinner

Today's Blessing:  A "Single Size" Simple Lunch
You really can't tell from this picture, but that is just a "single serve" pot pie.
I did not feel like fixing anything for lunch today; yet I wanted something hot and yummy to eat when we got home from church.  Then I remembered...I have a "single serving" size pot pie in the freezer!  Ya, it's considered "single serving" but it was a pretty big single serving!  I think McDonald's calls that "upsizing"!

So I put this little pie in our big oven before I left for my early morning meeting, set the oven for time bake, and we had a nice hot chicken pot pie for lunch.  I cut it in half and it was plenty for the two of us to eat along with a big green salad.  Sure, we didn't have any leftovers, but I didn't have to slave away in the kitchen this morning either! :)

Gotta Love Being Empty Nesters!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy. Even if it isn't your pot pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly girl! It was my pot pie! I had made up several mini ones to give Grandma Dean and Bibs a couple months ago and had one left over! It was just a miniature of my regular pot pie! :)

      Delete