Sunday, August 25, 2013

Counting Blessings: Stefanie and the Missionaries

Today's Blessings:
Blessing #1:  Meeting Stefanie
Today during church, Scott and I were finally introduced to Stefanie, a friend of Cody's who literally followed him all the way from Alaska to here...in her car!!

I think she is pretty much living out of her car, so we invited her to join us for dinner.  It was good to get to know her a bit better and that was a blessing for me because I honestly thought she was a totally crazy girl!!  She is nice and smart and has certainly had some very unique experiences, but I can't see Cody and her making a go of it...she's very...red!

Blessing #2:  Getting to know the Missionaries :)

With Scott being the ward mission leader, we get the neat opportunity to become better acquainted with each set of missionaries that get assigned to our stake.

So there we were just sitting at the table eating ice cream and popcorn and visiting with Cody and Stefanie when who should drop in for a visit...the missionaries!!  We instantly invited them for ice cream  and popcorn, and they instantly accepted!  This past week was a transfer week so Elder Berg who has been here for the last six months was transferred to central Ogden and we now have Elder Brown from Mesa, AZ.  We already know Elder Machado, from Brazil...he's an excellent missionary - hopefully Elder Brown will be too!



I love getting pictures of Jessica taken from random people in Washington, so tonight I took our missionary's pictures...tomorrow they will be in cyber space hopefully to make two moms very happy! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so fun to know you're making some mom happy because they get a random pic of their son. Such a good idea. And way to be positive about Stefanie. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete