Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 353 (Double Not So Empty) - Off to the races...again! :)

There's something exhilarating about running a race.  I hate how I feel while I'm running...but I love how I feel when it's all over!

Today is my stake's "Summer Social".  A few years ago they started doing a "Fun Run" in the morning in connection with the evening event.  You can choose to do a two-mile walk (I think it's two miles), or you can participate in the 5K run.  Of course I pick to run the 5K, and Cody went with me too which was sweet!  Scott seldom has a Saturday off work so if I want to participate in things like that, I usually have to go by myself...it's much more enjoyable having a running friend (even if that running friend finishes the race seven minutes before you!)

So Cody ran the race in 22:23 minutes; I ran it in 29:49...ya, he beat the pants right off me!!  But I'm also 31 years older than he is so at that age different he better beat the pants off me!!

1 comment: