Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 357 (Not So Empty Again) - There's a Wolf at my Picnic Miracle!!

I love storytelling, puppets, and little kids, so when I get the chance to combine the three it's a fun time!

For the past three summers, I've been part of a summer story time hour held at the Brigham City Fine Arts Center.  The Fine Arts Center has a small group of "storytellers" who just love telling stories (like me), so we put together a summer program and take turns doing a story time session.  Usually the program lasts for six weeks and we each take two turns, but this year the Fine Arts Center only offered a short three week program so today was my one and only session for the summer.

Kisses from Mr. Wolf ;)
I picked the theme, "There's a Wolf at my Picnic" so of course all the stories had "Mr. Wolf" in them.  I didn't actually perform a puppet show, but Mr. Wolf (the puppet) helped me tell all the stories, along with singing a song, and playing a game.  The kids especially loved playing "What Time is it Mr. Wolf" which is kind-of a take off of "Mother May I" except the wolf yells "Dinner Time!" before taking off to chase the kids.  I just loved hearing the little kids' screams and giggles.  We always make a craft at the end of the session so naturally all the kids went home with a paper bag puppet of...yes, you guessed it...Mr. Wolf!

And now for the miracle!  This whole week I've been fighting off a cold; yesterday I had no voice!  Amazingly, today I was able to get out some raspy sounds and I managed to get through the entire story time without breaking into a coughing fit!  Thank you Heavenly Father for small favors!!

1 comment:

  1. That cold was probably Jonas's doing. Sorry! But I'm glad you made it through.

    ReplyDelete