Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 363 (Double Not So Empty) - Tony Grove

It has been years since Scott and I have camped at Tony Grove up Logan Canyon.  Aww!  It's still one of my favorite places!  So beautiful, peaceful and serene.  Why haven't we returned before now?!

This afternoon, Scott, Cody, Tiffany, Jeremy and I all headed up Logan Canyon for a short little campout.  After setting up camp, Scott and I took a walk on the nature trail that goes all around the lake...it was beautiful!  Cody was brave and took a cool late afternoon/evening swim, and Tiffany and Jeremy checked out the fishing scene, of course.  (I hear Tiff took a swim too although I didn't see her.) 

Then back at camp we had a try at something new.  We made campfire baked potatoes which I'll definitely make again!  You just take an already baked potato and slice it like bread.  Between the slices put some butter, deli sliced ham, cheese, and some salt and pepper.  Wrap the potato in foil and place it in some nice hot coals for just 10 minutes...until the cheese is melted and the potato is hot.  It was yummy!  Now Jeremy isn't a fan of baked potatoes, so he brought some cubed beef and made his own type of hobo dinner which he shared some of his fixings with the rest of us too. :)





Later, Jeremy disappeared.  We had no idea what happened to him!  Did he go to the bathroom and get attacked by a bear?  Did he hear a hawk and follow it's call and get lost?  We were about ready to call in a missing persons report when Jeremy showed up with a dead sage grouse.  He said he was following a squirrel and came upon three sage grouse...one of them became the unfortunate recipient of Jeremy's b-b-gun.  What a guy!  Jeremy certainly wouldn't starve if he was lost in the woods!  So as an added bonus to our dinner, we all got to taste sage grouse.  It was....tough.  Even Jeremy ended up throwing his portion away!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Jeremy is so funny! And those potatoes look amazing! We'll have to have them next year when we have our family campout.

    ReplyDelete