Friday, August 23, 2013

Counting Blessings...One Day at a Time

As I reviewed my "365 Days as an Empty Nester" project, I came to realize that each day was just a blessing...some days were definitely blessings in disguise, but they were still a blessing.  It's great going back through all the pictures; I find myself saying, "Oh!  I didn't remember that!", or "Wow, that was so fun."  What a blogful of snapshot blessings I have!

So I've decided to continue on!  But this time I'm counting blessings...one day at a time.  Sorry Scott, I'll still be taking a picture a day, but deep down inside you can thank me someday because it's kind-of like keeping a journal...which you don't do...and since you're often included in my post, I'm giving you "journal keeping" points in heaven!  And I'll gladly let you do a post if you'd like!  I'm always good to share!

So here's today's blessing:  Cody's all packed up and ready to move out...tomorrow!

Now I know what you're thinking...it's a blessing because Scott and I get the house all to ourselves again, right?  Well, that is pretty nice, but what a wonderful blessing that Cody has the opportunity to be out on his own, learning the ropes of life, and most importantly - getting a college education.  Scott and I have always stressed to our kids the importance of education, and so far, they've all listened to our wise counsel.

Good luck at school Cody!  Make this year a great one!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a good Idea! I like reading your blog. It's true, every day there is a blessing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete