Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 351 (Double Not So Empty) - Civic Duty

I did my civic duty today and actually voted in our small town's primary election...I think it was a first for me because I usually don't pay any attention to the primary election.  I know, I'm bad!

So every day I walk over to the city offices to turn in the library's deposit and pick up distribution papers, and every day I would see a sign "Early Voting" with a big arrow pointing the exact same direction I was walking.  I kept saying to myself, 'Joyce, you should vote,' and every day I wouldn't.  Well, I finally did it!  There were only six names on the ballot - all community members running for a city council seat - but it has to be narrowed down some how.  I got to vote for two.  Sure, it wasn't a "big" election, but every vote counts, right?

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! And its about time! Lol. Love you any way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, did you know either of the candidates? I'm not good at voting small elections like that either.

    ReplyDelete