Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 364 (Double Not So Empty) - Bear Lake


We spent the day at Bear Lake today.  It was windy, overcast, and a little cool but amazingly the water felt warm...once you got use to it!

Cody was quick to jump in and he swam out to the buoy...probably a good 1/4 mile swim.  Later I did the swim too although I did most of it on my back!  It was much easier that way and Cody went with me to make sure I didn't drown!!

Tiffany and Jeremy just couldn't get use to the water, so they spent most of their time warming up in the jeep (especially when mother nature decided to share a little rain with us) and feeding the seagulls while we ate some lunch.

Scott and I thought it would be fun to try a little snorkeling.  Hello!  We're certainly not in the Caribbean!!  We couldn't even see two feet under the water!  Aww...how I dream of snorkeling in that clear Caribbean water!!

It just wouldn't be a trip to Bear Lake without a raspberry shake to end the day!  Talk about delicious!!  (And no, Cody did not buy a pizza!  He found the abandoned box sitting on the bench and thought he'd check it out...after all, it still had 3/4ths of a pizza left!!  It was soggy!!  Do you think he would have ate it if it wasn't soggy?!  Ugh!  Only Cody!!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I love hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete