Lately Facebook has turned into quite the cooking media site. It seems everyday Scott is showing me a sinfully delicious cookie recipe or a tantalizing main dish. I must admit, they all look delicious! But looks can be deceiving.

Last night I made "Melt in your mouth Chicken" and it was sooo good! So tonight I thought I'd whip up some "oopies" which are a gluten free alternative to bread. It was...interesting. They looked good but were actually flavorless. We tried it as a bun with our favorite black bean burgers. I don't think I'll make them again...unless of course one of us discoveries we have siliacs disease and have to go gluten free!
You want to try them? Here's the recipe, thanks to Facebook :)
Oopsies
6–8 depending on size
3 eggs
100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cream cheese
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder or cream of tarter (can be excluded)
Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in
another.
Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able
to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you choose, 1tsp of cream of
tarter or baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the
egg whites.
Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until
they turn golden.
You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds.
Just a side note...Cody comes home tomorrow!! Early tomorrow!! Very early tomorrow...like 12:15 a.m.! So tonight I did some quick dusting and cleaning to his room downstairs along with moving some boxes into the shed. I'm so excited to see him again!! :)
They were pretty good. I could totally eat them if I had to!
ReplyDeleteCream cheese, huh? That's interesting to put in bread.
ReplyDelete