Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 354 (Double Not So Empty) - Sleep Over :)

Scott and I got to have sleepover guests tonight!  We actually had every bedroom full and that hasn't happened for quite a while! :)

So Stephanie, Clint, and Jonas came to visit tonight AND sleepover because in the morning I get to watch Jonas while Stephanie and Clint go to Cherry Hills to celebrate their Wedding Anniversary.  This coming Thursday they will have been married five years!  It's amazing how time flies!

It's always so nice to have the kids come spend some time with us "old folks".   I know it's a big sacrifice for them because they forfeit their spare time and home comfort to spend time with us.  And I really enjoy getting to have some "out of the ordinary time" with Jonas who is still the cutest kid ever!!  I know Stephanie was especially excited to come so she could see Cody, who's been gone for three months and just arrived back home very early last Wednesday morning.

So tonight I actually made one of our traditional Sunday dinners we use to always have when the kids were still at home...crock-pot chicken, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and gravy, green salad, and homemade croutons.  Then for dessert I introduced the kids to a fun treat I learned about when I attended a class at Honeyville Grain a few months ago...it's called "Cake in a Mug."  It's so easy and fast and especially yummy with ice cream and toppings on it!

I know I really like it.  I think the kids liked it too! :)

This little guy LOVES corn on the cob!!

Bath time...part of my "out-of-the-ordinary" time!  :)

Cake in a Mug...Yum!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute of you and Jonas out of the bathtub. He's actually smiling. So sweet! We love coming to visit. It probably would have been better if I wasn't pregnant. I have no patience when I'm pregnant - and no comfort either.

    ReplyDelete