Saturday, November 9, 2013

Counting Blessings: Baden Powell University

Today's Blessing:  Awesome Ideas!!

What a fun day!  I left early this morning and traveled to Harrisville to attend "Baden Powell University", a supplemental adult training that is chuck full of awesome scouting ideas.

This guy shared such fun ideas!
He must have over 1,000 neckerchief slides!
A slide and neckerchief holder!
I loved this idea
so he let me share it in my class! :)
I don't work directly with the boys in my unit, but I do serve on Roundtable Staff and share ideas with fellow Webelos Scout Leaders to help them in their scouting assignments.  I figured I could attend different Cub Scout classes today that would give me ideas for future Roundtable meetings.

I think the whole idea of Baden Powell University is to pump up the leaders and get them rejuvenated again!  I came home tonight feeling so excited to share and do many of the ideas I learned about.  It made me wish I was a den leader or cubmaster again so I could incorporate the ideas with the boys!!

And my Webelos Wood Projects class that I taught in the afternoon turned out great!  The leaders loved the simple wood projects ideas and really enjoyed making the Key Ring Racks.  I totally had extra supplies so some of the leaders made two!  It made me happy to know I helped make someone else's assignment a little bit easier!  And I was benefited from the day also!  It was great!! :)  Plus!...I received two patches!!..a participant patch and a staff patch!  I love patches! :)
Fork Key Ring Rack
Patches! :)



2 comments:

  1. So, is this another calling of yours, to do cub scouts? Or do you just love it so much that people ask you to help out? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since mom is on round table staff, they asked her to help out on Saturday. Round table staff is a volunteer position!

    ReplyDelete