Sunday, November 3, 2013

Counting Blessings: Chewy Bars

Today's Blessing:  My "Baker Man"

It's the first Sunday of the month...the Sunday we take dinner to my parents.

Yesterday as I was planning the menu, I just couldn't think of anything to bring for dessert...actually, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to make for dessert!  I'm just not into baking!  To me it's a lot of work and I was feeling so tired.

So here's where my blessing came in.  Scott offered to make the dessert! :)  He is always finding lots of sinful looking recipes on Facebook and has saved many onto our laptop; he was totally willing to make one!  I have the best baker man ever!

So he decided on this delicious looking "Chewy Bars" recipe.  Last night he got all of the ingredients out and ready and then this morning he got up early and made them.  Can I just say...they were delicious!!  And he said they were very easy to make so I'm including the recipe.

Chewy Bars
1 box (2 cups) light brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips


Combine Brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla. Make sure it’s blended well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time making sure batter is smooth.  Pour batter into a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 pan.  Smooth out to the corners. Your batter will be thicker than cake batter but thinner than most brownie batter.  Sprinkle on your nuts, Then your chocolate chips.  Most of the recipes I saw said to press chips and nuts down into the batter. I just tapped my pan on the counter a few times to make them sink in a bit.  Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes.  Let cool completely before cutting and eating.

Showing off his baking skills :)
Mmm...hot from the oven!
One serving please...hmm...maybe two!!
I have the best "Baker Man" ever!!  (I think he enjoys baking too!!  Lucky me!!)  

2 comments:

  1. Yum! ya, Dad has always been a good baker. I always remember him baking brownies and those chocolate peanut butter bars. He's good at it, too.

    ReplyDelete