My good-looking man turned 55 years old today (hope he doesn't kill me for posting that all over cyber space!). You know what's awesome about that?! I've been blessed to spend 32 of those years with him! Sometimes I look over at him while I'm cooking dinner, or doing dishes and I think, Wow! I love that guy!! How'd did I ever get so lucky?!
Technically, Scott received his birthday present several weeks ago...a new watch...but I still wanted to give him something out of the ordinary to make his day special. So yesterday I put together a list of 55 things I love about him (get it...one thing for each year), then I divided the list up into five different lists and put each list with a small treat/gift. I made a plan throughout the day to surprise him with the little gifts.
To start the day off, I gave him this "birthday goblet" filled with chocolate kisses and peanut clusters. We both LOVE chocolate so I only thought it appropriate to start his day off with that!+(800x533).jpg)
When he went downstairs to brush his teeth and finish getting ready for work, I slipped the "Million Dollar" chocolate bar in his lunch bag. (Ya, I know, more chocolate.) I figured he'd find it sometime around 9:30 a.m. when he takes his first break.
I'm pretty lucky because I get to see Scott everyday at work...he delivers the mail to the library! So I put a package of microwave popcorn in a padded envelope and put it in the outgoing mail. (Sorry, no picture of that one...I think he already ate it!)
When he got home from work, we went and did sealings at the temple. I put a cute little box of granola bars in his temple bag for him to find when he was changing his clothes. (He actually didn't find them so I had to make him look for it when we got home!)+(533x800).jpg)
Then at bedtime I put the little LED keylight on his pillow with the final 15 things list attached to it. I'm not sure if he liked the whole thing...he said I was silly...but I would have liked it if he did it for me! Besides, we all need a boost in our self-esteem sometimes, right?
The best thing we both looked forward to today though was...General's Chicken from HuaGuan. I love reaping the benefits of someone else's birthday!! ;) We ate our dinner while watching the movie "42" (an awesome movie!). Instead of a birthday cake, I made Scott Pumpkin Dessert. I so wanted to put 55 candles on it but I didn't have that many in the house! Sad day! That really would have been a flaming inferno!! Ha, ha.
Happy Birthday Scott! Thank you for entering my life over 32 years ago!!
And thank you for letting me celebrate with you!!
+(600x800).jpg)
Dad is so sweet! 55, huh? Happy Bday dad. We all love you!
ReplyDeleteYes i am reaching senior citizen zate when we go out!
ReplyDelete