I know...I've already counted my family once...but when it comes to my family, I count them twice or more!!
Tonight was our combined Family Home Evening night, plus it happened to be Stephanie's birthday too! So we got to celebrate her special day...all together!! Woohoo!
The kids all came to our house this time, except Tiffany and Jeremy who work on weekends so it has to be a very special FHE for them to ask the time off. Since it was Stephanie's birthday, I asked her what she would like for dinner. I don't think anyone minded her choice of a potato bar with all the fixings! :) She got to eat on the red plate, of course! :)
Following dinner, Jason gave our lesson. I gave him a subtle hint (ha, ha...I wasn't subtle at all) that I would like our family to work together and earn the Thomas S. Monson award - it's a special medallion commemorating the 100 years of Boy Scouting in America, but it's open to anyone who wants to receive it. So together we completed all the requirements for the award. We learned some new things about boy scouting and had some good discussion time on the importance of being good parents, building strong families, and researching our ancestors. I have always loved the times when my family gets together and we talk about spiritual things - I probably love it because of the spirit I feel during those talks!
+(3).jpg)
After our lesson time, we had dessert...birthday pie!! Stephanie is still recovering from a bit of a cold so she said it wouldn't be a good idea to have her blow her germs all over the pie while trying to blow out her birthday candles. So I loaded them all onto her one piece of pie! It was a flaming inferno!! Ha, ha! Good thing it was only 28 candles!! Otherwise we might have burned the house down!
I love this quote, "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich!"
I am indeed rich!! :)
.jpg)
+(1).jpg)
"What a great day! I love our family!
ReplyDeleteYa, that was fun. It definitely made my birthday more exciting.
ReplyDelete