Friday, November 1, 2013

Counting Blessings: Pre-Op...Again

Today's Blessing:  Medical Insurance

Once again, my left eye will be going under the knife...actually laser...this time for a much minor surgery.  I'm finally getting the cataract taken care of which was given to me a year ago thanks to my macular hole surgery.

I spent three hours this morning in the eye doctor's office having my eye measured and examined, examined and measured for a new lens.  Then I headed next door to the hospital to complete my admitting paper work.  The hospital estimates their fees will be $3,500 dollars!  A mighty expensive charge for a 20 minute occupancy in the operating room and three hours recovery in the out-patient rooms.  I'm certainly glad we have medical insurance!  We're responsible for 10% of the charges...approximately $350...much better than paying $3,500.  And since I paid the amount in advance, I got a 20% discount - they must jack up the price so we feel we're getting a deal when they offer a discount!  Seriously, do hospitals really have to charge that much!  No wonder insurance premiums are so high!

Anyway, I'm not excited to have the surgery, but I can't wait to be able to see out of that eye again!  For the past couple of months I've been seeing through a milky haze that seems to get thicker with each day!  My right eye is going to love me too!!  No more eye strain?!

2 comments:

  1. Just maybe she will be able to see and drive at night. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting it fixed. You'll need to be able to drive at night if you want to come and visit me when I have the baby and stay longer. :)

    ReplyDelete