Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Counting Blessings: Just a Little Treat Pouch

Today's Blessing:  Expressing Thanks

Last week while I was preparing materials for Library Board Meeting, a thought came into my head..."it's the holidays, you should give the board members a little treat to say thanks for all their service." I think we all like feeling appreciated, at least I know I do!  I love it when Scott thanks me for cooking dinner or doing something for him - it makes it all worth it.  So I wrote myself a little note in my planner and went on with my work.

The Library has six community members and one city council member who serve on our library board.  They are a governing board which means they have power!  If they wanted to, they could actually fire the library director!  They come to meetings every month and serve for a total of six years!  Some even end up serving longer if they happen to come in as a replacement for a board member who had to leave before their term was through.  They receive no monetary compensation for their time and yet they are willing to serve.  They are caring citizens of the community who want the library to succeed.  And yet, we (meaning the library staff) seldom thank them for being there.

At work today as I was finishing preparations for the board meeting, I saw my little note in my planner.  Hmm, should I put something together?  I didn't have anything in mind.  I went online to one of my favorite websites...http://www.partiesandpatterns.com and found a cute thanksgiving treat pouch.  Yes!  So after work, I put together a little thank you...and I mean little  Then I put it on top of their board packets for them to get when they came to the meeting tonight.  Wow!  Every one of them were so appreciative of the little thank you!  I'm so glad I put them together!
I guess everyone does like feeling appreciated!  I'm glad I listened to that little voice that was speaking to me last week!  
And thank you partiesandpatterns for sharing your creativity!

2 comments:

  1. That's a cute pouch. And very nice of you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what i love about you, so thoughtful and caring!

    ReplyDelete