![]() |
| My feet are in there somewhere! |
![]() |
| Mounds of Leaves |
Brigham City is recognized as a "Tree City", probably because of all the beautiful tall trees that line the entire stretch of main street.
Right now you could say we're a "Leaf City" too because the sidewalks and parkways are covered with leaves galore. In fact, everyday the city sends out street vacuums to suck up all the leaves. As I walked to work today, at some points my feet were buried in the fallen masses, but I don't mind because I love the look, the sound and even the smell of the fallen leaves.
Fallen leaves bring back happy memories for me. When Cody and Jessica were in elementary school, some days I'd walk up to the school and meet them and walk back home with them. During the fall, the lawn at the nearby church would be covered with leaves, so we'd stop and pile up the leaves in big piles around one of us (usually me) and we'd play "Mr. Bear, are you asleep". They would creep up slowly to my leaf cover-up, saying the little chant and when they got close enough I'd jump out of the leaves and chase them back to their "free" zone. We'd also make leave mazes and what kid doesn't like jumping into a pile of leaves?! Aww...such fun memories!
So I guess you could say I took a walk down memory lane today as I walked to work! Aww...where has the time gone?!
+(800x600).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
That's so cute! I don't remember you ever doing that with us older kids. Maybe I was too young. But that's fun! I really want to take pictures of Jonas playing in the leaves, but I don't know if he'd really like it. He's kind of weird about the whole staying clean thing. ha ha! That's ok. But he loves holding leaves and watching them blow in the wind.
ReplyDelete