Thursday, November 7, 2013

Counting Blessings: Webelos Craftsman

Today's Blessing:  Simple and Easy Crafts

Showing off my 5 minute
neckerchief slide :)  Ya, I should have
made it a different color!
An Up Close Shot :)
I LOVE crafts that are simple and easy!  Tonight at Roundtable I shared a few ideas of things to make from clay, plastic, leather, metal, paper and rope (part of the Webelos Craftsman activity badge requirements).  Thanks to the internet, I found some simple things to do...and simple is the key word there!  In working with 10 year old boys I've discovered you've got to keep it simple!!

I always like to have the leaders make or do something to take home, so tonight we made clay key rings, or in my case, a neckerchief slide.  Project time:  5 minutes!  Sweet!  Of course they had to take it home to bake for 15 minutes, but that was one easy project!  Too bad I can't take the credit for the idea, so I give thanks to http://spoonful.com/crafts/monogrammed-key-chains.  They have tons of cute and simple projects!  (I love websites like that!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment