Today's Blessing #1: An Opportunity to Share
Several weeks ago, I was asked to share my cake decorating skills with the 8-11 year old achievement day girls in my ward. I was very happy to say yes.
So yesterday I spent time before church and after Daidre's missionary farewell baking up small round cakes and mixing up frosting. Then this afternoon, I brought my decorating supplies to the church and got to watch seven young girls create cake masterpieces and I think they all had a wonderful time doing it too!
Now I could have baked up some pre-formed Halloween cakes or other designs, but I wanted the girls to have the opportunity to ice, edge, draw, and fill-in. They did wonderful! And as you can see from the finished products, they each put their own personality into their cake. I suggested they draw a jack-o-lantern on top of their cake, but they wanted to draw hearts. I was totally good with that! And their cakes turned out beautiful!!
+(600x800).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
+(600x800).jpg)
Wow, they did a great job! Cake decorating is fun!
ReplyDelete