Today's Blessing: Timing and Tow Trucks
Scott and I drive some pretty old vehicles. Poor Sally here is 19 years old, and the little Mazda truck we putter around in is 26 years old. Wow! I never realized just how old they are until now! I guess Scott and I hate the thoughts of going into debt to buy a new car, so we just keep nursing along our old vehicles until they can't be nursed any more.
+(800x533).jpg)
So you may be wondering how this is a blessing. Well, I look at it this way...tonight Scott and I took dinner to my Mom and Dad. There we were driving along the freeway when Scott noticed two red warning lights on Sally's dash. One light indicated our engine was overheating, and the other light said there was something wrong with our battery which we really questioned since we had just put in a new battery a couple of weeks ago. So Scott cranked up the heater, exited the freeway, and we drove slowly the rest of the way to my parents home. Once there he discovered the serpentine belt had come loose.
Following dinner, my dad and Scott headed outside to see if they could get that serpentine belt back on...the answer was no way as the belt broke and anti-freeze began to run profusely down my dad's driveway. What timing! Aren't we lucky that didn't happen while we were driving down the freeway with a trunk full of hot food?...Blessing #1.
Within 30 minutes, Scott and I were riding home in the cab of a tow truck and Sally was sitting comfortably on it's back. Thanks to my "CS" (that's Common Sense for those of you who don't know) husband, he added towing onto our auto insurance policy a while back. He figured with these older cars that we're driving around that would be the smart thing to do...Blessing #2. And the driver from RC Towing was very nice. He dropped me off at our house so I could get our truck and then he transported Sally right to the mechanics shop.
Scott put this post on his Facebook when we got home..."Today was such a great day! Went to church, spent some time with my wife, visited the in laws, had a nice ride in a tow truck! Ouch and bend over, especially on a Sunday." I look at it this way, it could have been worse!!
No comments:
Post a Comment