Thursday, September 26, 2013

Counting Blessings: A Yummy Thank You

Today's Blessing:  A Nice Dinner
Once a year, Brigham City Corporation treats their employees and their spouse to a free dinner.  It's the Mayor and City Council's way of saying "Thank you for all your hard work for the citizens of our community."  Usually the dinner is held during the summer at the Pioneer Park Bowery.  They have the meal catered and then give out prize drawings for various items like movie passes, golf balls, camp chairs, etc plus a couple of big prizes like a TV or an overnight get-away.

Well, this year they turned the tables a little and went a bit more upscale.  The dinner was held at the Maddox Lodge in Perry and we had our choice of chicken, roast beef, turkey steak, or chicken fried steak.  Following dinner they gave away a few inexpensive prizes but then gave away four BIG prizes...a 46" flat screen TV, an iPad, an Android notebook, and a gun safe.

No, Scott and I didn't win anything but our dinner was good...once we got it!  Scott had ordered roast beef for his main dish, but Maddox ran out of roast beef.  They served Scott his side dishes and offered him the other menu choices.  I guess they had to cook the chicken fresh because I was almost totally done eating my meal before he got his main course!  Maddox did try to redeem themselves though because when his chicken finally came, they brought him seconds on the side dishes too, and then a few minutes later they brought him a plate of prime rib!  Scott had plenty to eat tonight!!  And tomorrow!!  And probably the next day too!!
Notice the two dinner plates!  I think he quite enjoyed his prime rib!!
I'm sure I'll hear lots of complaints come Monday at work because the whole ordeal happened to several people.  But Scott and I thought the meal was nice and hey...we have leftovers!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd take the food late any day if that meant I got more, with prime rib. YUM!

    ReplyDelete