Monday, September 16, 2013

Counting Blessings: Wedding Day

Today's Blessing:  Styrofoam

A few days ago I received a call from my niece asking for a small favor...a wedding cake for her daughter, MacKenzie..who was getting married today!!  Oh my...I usually require more than a few days notice to put together a wedding cake, but I couldn't say no...they're family.   But I could say Styrofoam, which is a cake decorators best friend sometimes!  I told her I could do the cake as long as the bottom layer could be Styrofoam.  They were happy to oblige probably because they had no other option.  That Styrofoam saved me hours of mixing, baking, leveling, and doweling.

The cake went together sooo smoothly - that was a blessing too.  Because of the short notice, I figured I'd have to decorate the cake on Sunday.  But cake decorating is work and I really didn't want to spend part of my Sabbath doing that, so I opted to go into work early this morning, ask my boss if I could leave a few hours early, and I decorated the rest of the morning and early afternoon.  The Lord truly blessed me for not doing it on Sunday.  It was the fastest decorating job I've ever done and I didn't run into a single problem!!

The bride loved the cake and I guess the guests did too because it was all ate (except the Styrofoam, of course) before the evening was over.



1 comment: