Some days are just one blessing after another!!
Blessing #1: Who me?! A Running Monster?

Scott says he's created a running monster! I can't help it! Running just makes me feel so good...when I'm done! Ha, Ha. And for some reason I'm ready to go run the next day again! This morning I had the crazy urge to run the Peach Days 10K race route again...so I did! And Scott, who is my totally amazing body guard, rode his bike with me (like he does every morning when I run). Deep down inside I'd really like to cut my running time down, but when I get out there and run it's sooo hard! I actually ran 7.8 miles this morning because I started and ended from my home. It took me 1:20:50. Ugh! Pretty much the same pace as on Peach Days, maybe even slower! It's that incline on main street that kills me! Oh well, I'll just keep on running... even though Scott says I'm a monster! ;)Blessing #2: Peaches
I haven't bottled peaches for years, but last weekend when I went with Stephanie to buy peaches for her they all looked so beautiful and yummy I couldn't resist buying some for myself. So after that 10K+ run this morning, (and a shower of course!) I started scalding, peeling, and processing peaches. I tried something new this year, instead of using the hot water bath method, I used my pressure cooker. The cooker instruction book gave full instructions on what to do. I got 13 quarts of peaches. Don't they look beautiful? I just need to figure out why I lose liquid during the processing time.
Blessing #3: A Surprise Visitor
When Sammy wants to go outside he starts to pace the floor. When someone is walking in front of the house Sammy starts to pace the floor too! This afternoon, Sammy started pacing so I let him out the front door only to discover a surprise visitor...Cody! He just decided to drop in and say "Hi"! (That's why Sammy was pacing!) It was just so cool to look up and see him there! We visited for a while and then he looked out the sliding back door and asked, "Did Dad take the lawn mower?" Cody noticed the lawn needed to be mowed. What a kid! Scott had commented to me this morning that he would have to mow the lawn when he got home from his mom's...and we both knew he'd be tired and I wouldn't have time to do it with the peaches and all. So thank you Cody! You're Dad's blessing for the day!! Such a sweet kid. :)
Blessing #4: Washing Machine and Shower
Scott spent the day at his mom's again...but this time he had to battle with a totally rainy day! Thanks to the rain, he didn't get the lawn done so he'll be heading back there Monday evening. I think he was dirtier today than yesterday! His legs were a lovely shade of grey! I'm so glad I have a washing machine, otherwise I just might have to throw those clothes away! And thank heaven for a shower because I can't throw Scott away!! ;)




+(533x800).jpg)
Ya, I probably would have wanted to throw them away too. That is so dirty!
ReplyDelete