Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Counting Blessings: Good Old Home Cookin'

Today's Blessing:  A GOOD Baked Potato!

Last Thursday evening, Scott and I went to the Greenery Restaurant to join with his mom and some of Scott's extended family to celebrate Moma Dean's 90th birthday.  Moma Dean loves the Greenery Restaurant...actually, she loves their Clam Chowder and Mormon Muffins which is the only thing I have ever seen her order when she goes there!  Now I admit, I too love their Mormon Muffins, but I have yet to find another menu item that I would want to write home about.  That evening, I picked out a delicious sounding baked potato from the menu only to be disappointed with the first bite...the potato wasn't "soft" like I like them, the broccoli was tough (I couldn't even cut it with my fork) and the cheese must have been melted in the microwave way too long because it was like rubber to eat!  I was so disappointed!  And to think I paid over $7.00 for that potato!

Well, today I was really hunkering for a good baked potato, so after work I stopped off at Smith's and picked up two very large potatoes (I should have only bought one because they were so big Scott and I had to share one!)  When I got home, I popped them in the oven and let them cook for 2 1/2 hours...they were deliciously soft!!  We had chili, sour cream, ranch dressing, cheese sauce, grated cheese, and broccoli to put on them but my favorite is cheese sauce and broccoli.  Needless to say, my potato was heavenly!  Much better than that $7.00 one I had last week!  And much less expensive too!

I guess some things are just better cooked at home! 

2 comments: