Saturday, September 7, 2013

Counting Blessings: Peach Days

Today's Blessing:  A Day for Family!!

I LOVE Peach Days!  I love looking through the booths, I love the yummy smells of all the food booths, I love the free concerts and entertainment, I love the Kettle Korn Scott always buys me, but what I love most is having my family come home!!  That's simply the best thing ever!  And although we just had a couple of our kids come home this year (Clintanie & Cody), it was still great spending time with them and it was pretty nice getting some one-on-one time with them too!

So the day started with Cody and I running in the Peach Days 10k.  Woohoo!  I had a running buddy this year!  I only like to run in races if someone else is running with me...I don't know why because they usually leave me in the the dust!  Like this year...Cody finished a whole 16 minutes before me but it was sure nice having someone cheering me into the finish line!  (Maybe that's what I like ;)
Happy Runners!  Cody's time 46:49; My time...slow...1:02:17
 By noon Stephanie, Clint, and Jonas arrived and around 3:00 we all went uptown to meet Scott and look around at the booths.  Stephanie and Clint always budget a little fun money for Peach Days which I think is a great idea!  They usually indulge themselves in some of the tasty food everywhere to be seen but this year Stephanie spent her money on cute little headbands for Alexis.  I think she's going to love having a little girl to doll up!  And even Jonas got to pick out something fun.  For the past two years, Scott and I had bought ourselves matching Peach Days shirts, so we had planned on some new shirts again this year, but they didn't have two matching shirts in the sizes we needed...I was pretty bummed about that!  I guess we should have looked for them yesterday.
Shopping Fun for Jonas

Sub Zero Ice Cream for Cody

Smokin' Kettle Korn!  With a little help from the Sub Zero Booth
and liquid nitrogen
We all regrouped back home at 5:00 for dinner along with two friends of the family, Kelvin and Caleb.  They were specially invited to joined us because we were having our "Summer Activity Awards" and both Kelvin and Caleb participated with us.  It's fun to think just a year ago we didn't know either of them, but thanks to Jessica going to USU for one semester, they've almost become part of our family!
And the Winners are!...
Kelvin - Participation...still "fishing" for his linc log
Caleb - Spiritual - winner of Glow Tops
Jonas - All Around Shooter
Cody - Participation...new glasses to help him see what he's doing!
Clint - Service - winner of helping hand gloves
Stephanie - Exercise - Frog mitt to wash away the sweat!
Scott (and me) - Blessings - Sunglasses for seeing all those blessings!
Our evening ended back uptown for the Eclipse concert and then the hypnotist afterward.  Clintanie stayed home so they could get Jonas in bed (those night concerts are a little too late for a 2 year old), but Me, Scott, Cody, and Caleb all went and enjoyed the free entertainment! (Kelvin was feeling a little under the weather so he pretty much just came for the "Awards Ceremony" and then left...he didn't even feel well enough to eat any dinner. :( )
Hypnotist Fun
All in all, it was a great day!  My co-workers at the library hate Peach Days, mainly because there's no place to park when they come to work!...if they'd just learn to ride their bikes it would relieve a lot of stress!  So I just keep my mouth shut and smile inside because I Love Peach Days!!  Truthfully, it's my family that I Love, but Peach Days brings them home!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Peach Days too - a reason to visit and have fun with family. This post wasn't too long. ;)

    ReplyDelete