Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Counting Blessings: Salsa Time!

Today's Blessing:  Enough Tomatoes!!
Yes!! I need at least 50 tomatoes to make a batch of salsa!
I finally had enough ripe tomatoes to make a batch of salsa!!  And now I have a happy hubby!!
We ran out of salsa several months ago, so Scott has just been waiting and waiting for salsa bottling time!
Look at our huge plants!  They are as tall as me!  And all of the
red tomatoes hide inside where you can't even see them!
I got 19 pints today, which is a pretty good start I think, but it won't be enough to get us through till the end of next summer!
I sure hope the weather continues to stay good because I still have a ton of green tomatoes in my huge tomato plants!
Mmm...I love looking at all those beautiful red bottles!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I want a bottle of your salsa sometime. If you don't mind. I do like your salsa too, but I'm not as picky as dad. I'll eat store bought salsa too.

    ReplyDelete