Saturday, September 21, 2013

Counting Blessings: Salsa - Take 2

Today's Blessing:  My Food Processor Attachment :)

Scott hates chunky salsa, and I basically bottle salsa just for him, so I always take all my salsa ingredients and throw them in the blender for a nice smooth salsa.  He loves it!  And he tells me all the time how much he loves my salsa and how much he appreciates me making salsa just for him (he's a very sweet guy! :)

So here I was today, all ready with three large bowls full of tomatoes, onions, carrots, peppers and parsley to be made into salsa when I realized I had a problem...no working blender.  You see, a couple of days ago, I misplaced the rubber ring that goes inside the bottom of the pitcher and without that rubber ring everything leaks out the bottom and makes a big mess!  Oh dear!  What was I going to do?!  Without my blender my salsa would be very, very chunky!!

Then I had an epiphany!  I have a food processor attachment that fits my blender base!  Woohoo!  When Scott and I bought our new blender a couple of months ago I thought I would never have a need for the food processor attachment that came with it!  Little did I know!  And it worked great!  Maybe even better than my blender although it doesn't hold as much.


Scott took a taste test of my salsa when he got home from work and he said it tastes great!  What a nice little blessing!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I've seen lots of recipes and such that say to put the stuff in a food processor. I don't know the difference, but I'm glad it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete