Monday, September 23, 2013

Counting Blessings: Ninety Years!!

Today's Blessing #2:  A Wonderful Mother-in-Law

Scott's mother turned 90 years old today!  Wow!!  I hope I make it to 90!  We had a little family birthday celebration for her tonight and even though only a small portion of her grand kids and great-grand kids could come, we had a houseful!!

This morning, Scott mixed up a yummy chocolate pudding cake (our favorite) for the party.  We brought dinner to her and Bibs first and then Scott and his sister Janis served up the cake (with ice cream of course) when all the guests arrived.  I was so mad though...I forgot to bring candles!!  And even worst...I forgot to put my SD card back in my camera! Ugh!  So all our pictures were taken with Scott's phone...I suppose that's better than no pictures at all!!  Hopefully it was an enjoyable evening for Mom.

I just need to say, Scott's mom is the sweetest lady ever!  I fell in love with her the first day I met her and I'm proud to call her my mom too!  I've never heard her say an unkind word; she is just loving and sweet to everyone she comes in contact with!  I've never been able to relate to those mother-in-law horror stories and jokes because my mother-in-law is totally awesome!!

Scott's dad was truly blessed with a wonderful wife!  And Scott...he's been blessed with a wonderful mother! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!  WE LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet, isn't she? I love her. I need to visit her.

    ReplyDelete