Today's Blessing: Church Callings
You know, the Lord is pretty smart in asking us to serve in church callings. I've decided the calling is probably more for me than for the people I'm serving.
Tonight I gave a presentation at our Stake Young Women Leadership Meeting on "What I Wish I Knew Before My Mission" and "Using Preach My Gospel". A few weeks ago I wrote to Jessica and asked her input on the "wish I knew" part and then I read some awesome talks by our general authorities about using Preach My Gospel. I came away from my presentation with a strong desire to be better at studying my scriptures AND to read, study, and apply the information found in Preach My Gospel. They always say if you can influence at least one person, then you have been successful. I guess I was successful then, because that one person was ME!
+(800x533).jpg)
And Jess's "I wish I knew" advice was good too. I agree about the callings thing. It's for us - unless you're one of 3 people that play the organ, then you're bound to get that calling no matter what. Ha ha!
ReplyDelete