Sunday, September 15, 2013

Counting Blessings: Linger Longer

Today's Blessing:  A Ward Family

As my kids attended college, Scott and I would receive the invitation every now and then to visit their singles ward.  Afterwards, they always had a "Linger Longer" which meant food and visiting.  I always thought to myself, 'I wish my ward had Linger Longers', but I figured it was just a singles ward thing.

Well...a couple of months ago our ward starting having Linger Longers!  Sweet!  Another ward in our building had been doing it for over a year and we could always smell their yummy food while we were in our meetings.  So how come we don't do it too?  I suppose enough comments were made to the leadership members of the ward and woolah!!  We now have Linger Longers!

So every third Sunday (until the new year begins), I only have to prepare one pot luck dish for our Sunday dinner, and I get to enjoy a whole plateful of yummy concoctions from other ward members, along with some visiting time with members of my ward family.  What a nice idea! :)

Mmm...Sunday Buffet :)
Our neighbors, the Jones,
made this delicious trifle!  I had to get a picture!

1 comment:

  1. I still think that's a great idea! But I would be kind of worried about some people in our ward bringing food. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete