Today's Blessing #1: Muscles, Shovels, and Green Waste Sites
+(600x800).jpg) |
| Unloading at the Green Waste Site |
Six weeks ago Scott worked on his mom's front yard making it all nice and level after construction workers had messed it up while installing a new sewer line. Scott must have taken 2-3 inches of dirt off the top to lower the grass down to the same level as the cement. Amazingly, 2-3 inches of dirt over a large area really adds up to a lot of dirt, so Moma Dean has had a big pile of dirt sitting in her driveway ever since.
+(800x449).jpg) |
| The pile is getting smaller!! |
Last Thursday, Scott dug into the pile and made a little dent. Today we both had the day off so we both traveled to Roy and finished off the pile. Whew!! It brought back memories for me of digging dirt when we leveled our back yard for Stephanie's wedding. What a job! I'm pretty sure Scott did 3/4ths of the digging today...his muscles are so much stronger...but he said I was a big help. I think he's just being nice. Perhaps he just enjoyed having company.
Thanks to Roy City, they accepted the dirt willingly at their green waste site...and we were happy to give it! And now Moma Dean has a nice clean driveway! Too bad I didn't think to take a before and after shot! :(
Afterwards we picked up a few groceries at Winco...of course we treated ourselves to a little chocolate... peanut clusters!! :)
+(800x600).jpg) |
| Mmm...Peanut Clusters!! :) |
Today's Blessing #2: A Bit of Zombie Service
After dinner, Scott and I became Zombie Hunters and helped out at a Zombie Crawl (Zombie Walk). The Zombie Crawl was a Silver Project for Miya Moody, a Girl Scout in our area. Zombie participants were asked to bring food, clothes, shoes, or money donations as an entry fee. The donations were going to be distributed to the Food Pantry, Crisis Center, Family Support Center, and the Middle School for a shoe drive they are having.
+(800x600).jpg) |
I was surprised...I knew quite a few of these Zombies! Oh dear!! Does that mean I'm a Zombie too?!! |
+(800x600).jpg) |
Two Zombie Hunters!!
|
So...being a Zombie Hunter means we were basically crossing guards. We stood at two corners of the crawl route and made sure the zombies made it safely across the street without getting killed. Hey wait!! They're already dead, right?!! Ha, ha. Scott and I were given special "Zombie Hunter" t-shirts and I even got a Girl Scout patch for helping out. (I love patches! :) Unfortunately, the turnout was pretty small. It's hard to know what you'll get at something like that. I suggested a Zombie Run for next year. I really doubt they'll do it, but the one scheduled up in Logan sure sounds fun!
+(800x600).jpg) |
| Oh my!! This young man was my trek nephew!! |
+(800x600).jpg) |
A couple of young women from my stake... quite a difference from seeing them on Sundays!! |
I didn't realize Grandma had a pile of dirt on her driveway for that long. Wow! Dad is such a good son to her.
ReplyDelete