Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Counting Blessings: Orientation Time

Today's Blessing:  Scanning Capabilities

I remember years and years ago, when computers were something new, (ya, I'm dating myself) talking with my brother-in-law about how cool it would be to be able to transfer a picture or document right into the computer without having to retype it.  It's like we were talking about a dream...something inconceivable.  Well, dreams do come true.  And I'm so glad they do.

Ya, a pretty lame picture...
but it was a true blessing today! :)
Ushering Information
As house managers for the Heritage Theatre, Scott and I get to recruit and train new ushers.  When we took on this job, we were given an "information packet" to give new ushers, but a lot of the information was outdated.  Tonight we had an appointment to train a new couple as ushers but I hadn't taken the time yet to update the "Information Packet".  Thank heaven for my scanner!   I just scanned the pages, and then copied and pasted the info into word, and woolah!!  All the words were there!  I admit, I did have to do a little "cleaning up" work, but it was way better than having to retype all the information.  And now I have a pretty nice looking, and current, "Information Packet".




I think our two new ushers will be great!  A cute younger couple who live in Willard and enjoy watching plays.  
Now they have a guaranteed (free!) date night at least once every six weeks! :) 


1 comment:

  1. Thats fun. I just like musicals, the more proffessional ones. :)

    ReplyDelete