Monday, October 14, 2013

Counting Blessings: Oh What Fun it is to Ride...an EliptiGO!

Today's Blessing:  A Short Test Ride

Today was a holiday which means Scott and I both had a day off together!  Woohoo!!  We had a whole list of things to do...and then decided to take a little detour doing them!  It was a pretty fun detour too!

In our Runner's World magazine we had seen an ad for an EliptiGO.  It looked so interesting...and so fun.  So Scott went online and we found a dealer in Salt Lake who lets you "test ride" them.  The temptation was too great!  I so wanted to try one!  And I'm pretty sure Scott wanted to also because when I mentioned heading South to complete our errands instead of North, he didn't fight me one bit!

So we called Utah Home Fitness in Sandy Utah and asked if we could come in today for a little test ride.  Mondays are probably a very good day to call because they told us to come on in and they would have them ready and waiting for us.

Talk about fun!  We must have rode around in the parking lots there by the store for about 20 minutes.  It took a bit getting use to because it's different than riding a traditional bike, but I could tell it would offer a totally different workout!

We test rode the 3-speed and the 8-speed - the 8-speed is definitely the one to buy!  Hmm...now I just need to find a way to come up with $2,500 dollars!  No...wait...I need $5,000!  I'd definitely want to ride with Scott...at the same time!!


Looks like we're just going to take a day and rent a couple of EliptiGOs for four hours.  That will still be lots of fun!! :)


2 comments:

  1. That was totally fun! To bad money didn't grow on trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I wish money grew on trees, dad. Haha! That would be a totally different workout. I bet you'll be sore after four hours of riding those. That would be pretty fun to have though.

    ReplyDelete